So I’ve come across a DELICIOUS and easy new alternative to pasta! I’ve already raved about Spaghetti Squash and Cauliflower and still love both, but love this new option! ZUCCHINI made into “noodles”=ZOODLES! You can make them easily with several devices, but I just purchased the one below and love it! It’s SUPER easy to use and can be purchased just about anywhere for about $15. They are typically in the “As Seen On TV” section or can be purchased on Amazon. AND, if you have an Aldi Grocery Store nearby, zucchini is super inexpensive!
So I’ve only actually eaten this once but loved it and now want to try out some new recipes! Here is the recipe I’ve tried plus some I want to try! Prepare yourself for lots of pictures of deliciousness. . .
Here is the recipe that I’ve tried:
1. Italian Cheesy Sausage Zucchini Bake: http://beautyandthefoodie.com/italian-cheesy-sausage-zucchini-bake/
Here are a few recipes that I want to try (I’m seeing a pattern in my tastes with lots of Asian-inspired dishes):
1. Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/08/kung-pao-chicken-zoodles-for-two.html
2. Sesame Zoodles: http://cookiesandcups.com/sesame-zoodles/
3. Zoodle Spaghetti And Balsamic Herbed Chicken: http://freshandhappy.com/2014/02/zoodles-spaghetti-two-ways.html
4. Pad Thai Zoodles: http://www.theironyou.com/2014/09/easy-pad-thai-zoodles.html
And of course, a good ole simple spaghetti recipe would probably be yummy with these!
Enjoy and let me know if you come across any great recipes! Oh, and one last thing to leave you with, a cup of zucchini noodles is around 20 calories. . .a cup of spaghetti noodles is around 200 calories. . .I don’t like to count calories, but I do like to compare calories and I think we see who the clear winner is!